THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 12, 2010

Texting in Class

The other day I was walking through the hallway and I heard a girl tell her friend that she wishes we were allowed to text in class. This got me thinking.


Half, if not more, of Goshen is failing. We had the worst ISTEP scores in our area last spring. This is because too many people just don't care. They don't care about their education or if they do well. So why should we get to take our phones in class?

The learning that some people DO pick up on would be lost, too. You'd constantly have phones beeping, and people would become so obsessed with texting their boyfriends and girlfriends that they'd pay no attention at all. It would be a distraction for anyone who WANTED to learn, like me. 

It would also take away from what human interaction my generation has left. Now, you can basically talk to whoever you want to on facebook, email, or texting. You don't need to talk to your "friends" face to face. It's easier to speak your mind and say whatever you want about them so you don't have to speak it to their face. 

I do not support this idea. 

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player