THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks


Recently, I finished reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I fell in love with this book. After I got into it, I was taking it everywhere with me and reading it whenever I had a second. I put off homework just to read this book. It is also soon to be a movie. Here is what the cover says:

Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.


My (small) review of this book goes like this; 17-year-old Ronnie Miller is shipped to North Carolina after not speaking to her father for three years following their parents divorce. Ronnie arrives, stubborn, leaving you curious as to what the rest of the summer will be like for her. She meets a few people at the fair that is just the wrong crowd. But then she meets soda-spilling Will. Ronnie makes it very clear that Will does not seem like her type and she refuses to get to know him at first. But soon she just lets her guard down just enough to let him in and she finds it's one of the best things she's ever done. Just as the summer is nearing to a close, disaster strikes and leaves Ronnie to make a decision that will change things for her father - and herself... After she learns the truth as to why she's really there. 

For the last one-hundred pages of this book, I was sobbing. I don't remember crying harder for any other book I've ever read.  I wanted to keep reading at the same time I wanted to throw the book down and just forget it. This will be a book I'm not going to be forgetting anytime soon.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player