THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Design your own snowboard

This winter I decided to take up snowboarding. I already knew how to ski and I taught that as a Jr. Ski Instructor a couple times. I have noticed that people tend to shy away from skiing because they only hear about the accidents... same with snowboarding. It's not quite as bad as you think and if you're worried, there are many safety precautions you can take to make sure you don't get hurt. 


If I had to compare snowboarding to skiing... Snowboarding is a lot harder. With skis, you basically have to know how to roller skate. If you can stand up and bend your knees, this is pretty easy for you. But with snowboarding, it's a lot easier to mess around and try out tricks. I'll admit, I got extremely frustrated when Tami had me out there at first. I kept falling and I felt like a newborn baby learning to walk... with my feet tied together. But after I picked it up, I loved it.

So that made me wonder.... I mean, I love my board with all my heart... But it was kind of plain. It's basically just blue with a flower type patter on the end. So I started looking up designing a board.... and then I came across this site, and I jumped right in. Depending on the length of the board will determine your cost. Mine will be about 439$ plus the time in the shop. 

My vision for my snowboard goes something like this:



I want this to be in the middle of the board, spread out where my bindings and feet go. Then I want the rest of the board to be covered in Zebra print... and I want it to say "I Smell Snow! - Gilmore Girls" on the tail. Then on the flip side, I'd like it to say "MERDE" in bright green against a white background. 

Pictures coming later. 

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player