THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 29, 2010

All Passes - Art Endures

NOTE: I actually wrote this yesterday, November 28th.

Earlier this month I took a trip to Chicago to see the Chicago Symphony for my fifteenth birthday. Before the performance my mother and I were strolling down Michigan Avenue towards the "haunted" Congress Plaza Hotel. As we were walking, I noticed advertisements for a large sheet music shop and violin makers on a building called the "Fine Arts Building."

Sadly, it was closed for the night but my mom promised she would take me back as soon as she could.

Today, I finally got to go back.

I am mystified by this building. Walking in, I felt like I had time traveled back a hundred years. I half expected to see Stradivari himself, working, after being lost in his element after all this time. As I ventured further, I met the elevator operator, who pulled his lever back and sent us flying to the 9th floor, as I watched through the open wall in front of me. It reminded me of 1408. Ha.

I highly recommend checking out Performer's Music, a sheet music shop in suite 904. This was the most amazing sheet music shop I have ever set foot in. Or walking up the stairs to the Stradivari Society. Step back in time for awhile.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player