THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Heartfelt Conversation

Yesterday Mr. Powell and I worked on some of my maple city music.

He asked me some pretty basic questions about myself, such as why I play the violin, how long have I been taking lessons, what clubs am I involved in, etc. But towards the end he asked me about my solo I was supposed to be doing for CSA today.

I am a very shy person. Don't get me wrong, I can be silly with my friends but that's just like the saying that there are strength in numbers. I am a perfectionist, and sometimes when things don't go as planned, I get upset. But I hate to give up. I am the type of person where if I think you are doing something wrong, I'm going to tell you. If you're acting like the world's worst nightmare, I'm going to tell you. It's nothing personal, but I just live my life knowing that every second I'm mad, it's a second of happiness I won't get back. Life is too short to be unhappy.

With this in mind, take into consideration last year's solo. I didn't feel prepared, and I didn't do too well either. Now, this time this solo rolls around and I don't have half of it memorized. The first page is like perfection, but the second page isn't quite ready. I'm supposed to be playing it from memory today, but I told my lessons teacher that if I got up on that stage and I played, I'd get to the second page and it would be downhill from there. I was not ready to play today. So I'm not.

So I explained a lot of this to Mr. Powell, and he understood how I felt. He elaborated that when he was my age, he was a lot like me. He was shy, involved in a lot of clubs, and a perfectionist. It was nice to know that someone understood. He knew what I meant when I said that I didn't want to do bad at the recital because I didn't want Mrs. Powell to be disappointed in me. I am glad to know that isn't the case.

I really am considering doing the solo at Mrs. Powell's recital in May, where I'll also be doing a duet with Jenni. More info on this later.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player